Thanksgiving Day, 2013
I’ve read that on this Thanksgiving, we ought to be thankful for our many blessings. This, of course, is true. Our blessings are many, and today we should be thankful.
Harder to remember is that those same blessings exist every day of the year.
I don’t plan to post each day, those things I’m thankful for, although that is an excellent exercise. It does keep gratitude in mind when a busy and stressful day tends to beat it down. But this day I will spend considering my many blessings and how I will work to keep them foremost in my heart and mind all year.
A few things for which I’m thankful—
- Family that I love, without whom I really would be nothing.
- Friends who are my life’s family. They keep me centered, entertained, included, and loved. And I love them.
- My pups who make me laugh, cry, fall, cuss, and be responsible when I might otherwise not be. I love them so much.
- Education that has awakened my mind to its strength and piqued my imagination to possibilities still available.
- A job that I love that allows me to be creative and continue to learn.
- Interests that keep me entertained and creative.
- Humor and lots of belly laughs!
- Health that allows me to enjoy and be thankful for ALL my blessings.
What things are you thankful for today? Every day?
Have a blessed Thanksgiving.
Posted on November 28, 2013, in landscapes, Photos and tagged 2013, blessings, Colorado, Grand Junction, sunrise, thankful, Thanksgiving, Western Colorado. Bookmark the permalink. 2 Comments.
I love you! So well said!
Thank you! It was a nice day. Had dinner with Dad, Joe, and Matt. Dad had all his babies with him last night. It was good. I love you, too.